GDPR training is an essential for any organisation’s to ensure compliance and it is essential that your staff have an understanding of the compliance requirements under the regulation.
The training course is divided into eight units and is delivered online, it will take approximately 1 hour to complete. On completion of the course, learners are required to complete an end of course quiz consisting of 20 multiple choice style questions.
By the end of this training session you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of the GDPR.
- Be able to describe what information falls under the GDPR and what doesn’t.
- Have the necessary knowledge to implement GDPR compliant procedures.
- Know what is expected in regards to data security.
- Know what rights Individuals have under the GDPR.
The Data Protection Acts, 8 Principles of Data Protection, Information Security and The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Unit 1: Introduction to GDPR
- Understanding the meaning of GDPR
- Key definitions
Unit 2: Privacy and Data Protection
- Understanding Privacy
Unit 3: Origins of our Data Protection Law
- Understanding the changes to our legislation
Unit 4: Basic Fundamentals of GDPR
- Scope of GDPR
- Who does GDPR apply to
- What does GDPR apply to
- Key Data Protection Roles
Unit 5: Data Protection Principles
- Principals of GDPR
- Lawfulness of Processing
- Accountability & Governance
- Privacy by Design
Unit 6: Data Subject Rights
- Individual rights
Unit 7: Obligations of Controllers and Processors
- Record keeping
- Breaches and Notifications
- Data Protection Officer
- Transfer of Data
- Rights to Privacy
- Supervisory Authority
Unit 8: GDPR Enforcement and Compliance
- National Supervisory Authorities
- The European Data Protection Board
- Liabilities and Sanctions